Career as a Graphic Designer
Published at - Aug 13, 2021
First, before moving forward to career in a graphic design let’s have a quick look what is graphic design.
What is Graphic Designing? Is that mean logo designing, magazine covers designing, vector designing or what! All the terms like these come to mind when we think of graphic designing. But exactly what it is? It’s a profession, we can say that, but if we go a little deep into it- it’s truly an art- a visualization communication.
. Graphic Designing Definition –
The art or profession of using design elements (such as typography and images) to convey information or create an effect.
- Who are Graphic Designers – Graphic Designer are visual communicators, who creates visual concepts digitally to convey information. The end goal of graphic designers is to design a project based on the individual requirements of clients. Graphic designer speaks with a client to determine a project’s overall goal, purpose and end results.
The role of a Graphic Designer is based on a need of industries, such as advertising, websites, books, posters, magazines, computer games, product packaging, exhibitions and displays, corporate communications, etc. To choose Graphic Designing as a career, one must have a creative mind and, up-to-date knowledge of industry software and computer technologies in order to remain competitive.
Designers should have great knowledge of color, contrast, and symmetry to incorporate in the designs along with recommendations of the clients to get end results of designs.
How to Choose Graphic Designing Course –
That is very crucial for everyone to pick up the right kind of Graphic Designing Courses to establish a successful career in graphic design.
My point of view is that –
- Take baby steps to learn designing. Join workshops of graphic design or Attend webinars and seminars of graphic Designing.
- Join short term certification courses.
- Keep doing research everyday regarding what’s new in the market. Keep you always updated.
- After these all the things, Join a academic learning or college of designing to get perfection in this field.
Responsibilities of Graphic Designer –
- Read and understand project detailed document before start working on Software.
- Discuss with the clients what’s he actually wants.
- Brainstorming creative design ideas.
- Research and create mood boards or collect some references.
- Design in a uniform manner.
- Make improvements if needed before sending final designs to client
- Be ensure that the deadlines are met on time.
Career options in Designing–
- Graphic Designer
- Packaging Designer
- Web/ Interactive Designer
- User Interface Designer
- Layout Artist
- User Experience Designer
- Digital Storyboard Artist
- 2D Animator
- Advertising Art Director
Hi I'm Harendra Kumar Kanojiya. Currently I am FSD (Full-stack developer) and I have expertise with Angular ,PHP, Node JS, Laravel, Codeigniter and front end. Done few live projects and portfolio work in above.